CFD Simulation Tool
A reliable solution to prevent freezing risks of
cryopreservation and lyophilization.
SmartFreez’s Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation tool enables to design small-scale and large-scale optimized cryopreservation systems adapted to each therapeutic molecule.
The chaotic nature of freezing, brings a lot of uncertainty to the cryopreservation process of biologic products such as cells and proteins, which translates into a lack of homogeneity, reproducibility and scalability in freezing, and a risk of product degradation and loss of its biologic efficacy.
SmartFreez’s CFD simulation tool, is an indispensable mechanism to overcome uncertainty and to anticipate cryopreservation performance and risks enabling to optimize and design the appropriate system for each product.
PLANS & PRICING
SmartFreez develops CFD simulations based on the different cryopreservation parameters provided by the customer that influence the freezing performance, such as product volume, type of container, type of excipients, solute concentrations, cooling rates or container layout inside a freezing chamber.
The outcome of the simulation work is a video that shows the freezing process and highlights the impact of the selected conditions on the stresses to the frozen substance.
|FREE TRIAL||ADVANCED PLAN|
|Containers||Lyophilization vial (10 ml)||Any container type (ex: bags, bottles, vials, etc.)|
|Solute Concentration||Mannitol 1g/L, 2g/L, 4g/L||Any solute at any concentration (customer specified)|
|Initial Temperature||5ºC, 20ºC||Any temperature (customer specified)|
|Final Temperature||-40ºC||Any temperature (customer specified)|
|Cooling Rate||1ºC/min, 5ºC/min||Any rate (customer specified)|
|Outcome||Video*||Video* or any other reporting package agreed with the customer.|
* the video provides a visualization of the impact of the selected conditions specific stresses to the frozen substance.
TEST OUR CFD SIMULATION
Test our services by filling and submitting the form below – you will receive a simulation based on the selected variables on the form.
Benefits you get
INVESTMENT OPTIMIZATIONThe CFD simulation tool allows to understand among the diversity of cryopreservation devices and containers in the market, which one has best fit for the specific needs of the customer, providing an effective guidance for investment.
COST SAVINGThe CFD simulation tool allows to design cryopreservation processes for large-scale volumes using a minimal amount, such as 50ml, of the expensive biologic products.
TIME SAVINGThe CFD simulation tool helps to accelerate the formulation process, simulating the freeze-thawing performance at small and large-scale, to understand the option that minimizes risks of scalability failure and problems at industrial scale production.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I access the service? read more read less
To access the available free online simulations is necessary to fill the contact and simulation information forms and submit. The user will receive an email with a link to access the video with the result of the simulation. To run a new simulation, go back to the form and choose the new parameters and submit again. The user will receive a new email with a link to the new video.
For other simulation requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. How does the simulation begin? read more read less
The available free online simulations begin after the submission of the formulation information form. When the simulation is ready, the user will receive an email with a code (link) to access the simulation video with the results.
The free service is optimized to provide simulation results in less than 30 min.
For simulations with other parameters not included in the form, or to obtain a different report (videos with other variables) please contact SmartFreez informing about the specific need and ask for a quote to: email@example.com.
3. How does the simulation work for the other parameters not included in the form? read more read less
Simulations with other parameters for the available container(s) can be rapidly implemented in our current simulation framework. Please contact Smartfreez for providing simulation services for your custom parameters.
To obtain simulation services for other containers or for specific substances please contact SmartFreez informing about the specific need: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. What kind of results do I get from the simulation? read more read less
The free online service is predefined to provide the visualization of natural convection (Figure 1), nucleation (when the liquid reached -14 ºC), ice growth, and cryoconcentration factor, which is the ratio of local concentration (in a microliter sample) over the initial concentration (C0) (Figure 2).
Final reports are also presented as a cumulative mass distribution of stresses. Namely the stress time, defined as the time that the substance is within the ice structure and above the glass transition temperature, and cryoconcentration factor (Figure 3).
Other reporting packages can be defined, please contact Smartfreez for simulation services.
5. How many pricing plans are available? read more read less
For the moment there are 2 pricing plans:
1. Trial Plan – this plan is free. Its simulations are run on an optimized framework with predefined cryopreservation parameters for a predefined container (10ml lyophilization vial). Current predefined cryopreservation parameters included in the form are:
- Solute concentrate (cryoprotectant): Mannitol, 1g/L, 2g/L or 4g/L
- Volume of product inside the vial: 2ml or 5ml
- Initial temperature: 5ºC or 20ºC
- Final temperature: -40ºC
- Cooling rate: 1ºC/min. or 5ºC/min.
2. Advanced Plan – this plan is paid. The container options, substances and process parameters can be defined according to the customer’s situation and needs. This will require a specific solver to be developed. The price and timing for the simulation results to be available depend on the complexity and computational resources required to run the simulations.
Please contact SmartFreez informing about the specific need and ask for a quote to: email@example.com.
6. How do I pay? read more read less
The Trial Plan is free.
For the paid Advanced Plan, the payment terms are defined upon the agreement and definition of the work plan.